!qsjCsmTVnObJyCZkqq:matrix.org

Governance

161 Members
Where we discuss the org of our own DAC - practical admin, regular rewards, expenses, finances...24 Servers

Load older messages


SenderMessageTime
2 Mar 2021
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <Tommy>Is there also a Marketing Team initiative? Or is this the 1/10th? I missed the calls, and the Notion notes seem a bit slim. Where can I catchup? I was in travel without internet. 17:45:04
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <ReForest>All of the marketing notes are always in the google drive marketing folder under meeting notes. I need to work on transitioning this over to Notion per the team's feedback to use Notion across the board. 17:46:15
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <Lauren>I just proposed a milestone for @Calvin in our Giveth 2 campaign on Giveth TRACE... is it too late to add him in for this round? He did an amazing job on the hype video for our Giveth launch - we both worked hard in Feb trying to get that together... all kind of outside of the watchful eye of sourcecred... 18:00:59
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot<danibelle>I think it makes more sense to do the Milestone payout process for that specific activity.. You did the right thing and I'm working out how to shift up payments across Rewards, Milestones and Contributor Cred to get a proposal up by Friday πŸ˜‰18:55:38
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <danibelle>* I think it makes more sense to do the Milestone payout process for that specific activity..
You did the right thing and I'm working out how to shift up payments across Rewards, Milestones and Contributor Cred to get a proposal up by Friday πŸ˜‰
18:56:00
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <Tommy>I meant governance notes. Thank you Forest 19:13:54
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <danibelle>Hey @Willy!
Before I was able to go in and adjust in the doc, can we still do that this month? I see a lot of room for improvement and have been checking in to get other direct feedback since requests for feedback on the call or in the channel aren't surfacing it adequately..
19:44:12
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <WhyldWanderer>Panvala Coalition Proposal/Description

I have been speaking with @magenta from Bloom Network and @griff representing the Commons Stack community about forming a Panvala Coalition.

Coalitions are sub-leagues within the Panvala League, just like divisions or conferences within sports leagues. The goal of a coalition is to grow its existing communities, and to add new communities within their focus. Since we want to encourage more close collaboration between Panvala League communities, communities that are part of a coalition will earn more matching than independent communities.

The first thing we need to form a coalition is a label that we all organize under. Currently, we are talking of a "Regenerative Coalition". I was also thinking that Philanthropy coalition could be accurate however it seems pretty broad.

As part of the Coalition, each community would receive a 10% matching bonus. The agreement is that we allocate 20% of the total matched funds to a shared wallet address or to a DAO. The 20% can be spent any way we choose collectively between communities.

Griff proposed that we just split equally 3 ways between the communities.
I think that as a regenerative coalition, we would want to spend the funds in a regenerative way. Im thinking of ways we can use this 20% to create brigger ripples with a small stone. Maybe you all have some ideas?

The deadline for this is March 5th so that we will be ready in time for the upcoming matching round that starts on the 10th. In order to be ready, we have 2 action items.
- Have a wallet address or DAO where the 20% can be allocated
- Decide collectively how the 20% will be spent

Any and all input is welcome! Thanks team

21:16:30
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <WhyldWanderer>Im curious if there is a way Giveth can use this opportunity to provide a matching bonus to projects based on GIV token parameters?
and through this, maybe we can incentivize projects to form a panvala community of their own to also receive matching on any donations that their project receives in PAN?

We could do something fun like a lottery of sorts... for every donation your project receives, you get a raffle ticket to be eligible for a monthly "grant" of sorts...

Maybe we, Giveth, can use our part of the 20% to help keep the "gas tank" filled for the gas fees that we pay for on gTRACE?

Just few ideas that have floated into my mind...

21:26:32
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-botRedacted or Malformed Event21:29:43
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-botRedacted or Malformed Event21:31:39
3 Mar 2021
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-botRedacted or Malformed Event01:10:33
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <Mitch>"Global Impact Coalition"
"Regenerative Commons Coalition"
"Philanthropic Ventures Inc."
"United Altruist Coalition"

I'd love to see some funds go to GIV token development
or maybe a clever way to permanently solve the gas fees situation..

14:18:55
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <Mitch>any of those name suggestions with "Sustainable" in place of the first word. 14:21:19
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <danibelle>Regenerative Action Coalition

Regenerative Philanthropy Coalition

Philanthropy Tech Coalition

Blockchain Altruism Coalition

14:31:35
4 Mar 2021
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <danibelle>!Praise @divine_comedian for the winning name of our new Panvala "Regenerative Commons Coalition"!! 20:51:55
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <danibelle>Hmm. Not in this channel apparently... 20:52:13
8 Mar 2021
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <danibelle>Good morning yall.. internet is down here this morning, I'm trying to fix it instead of prepping for the meeting today.. 14:16:33
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <danibelle>There's like 5 routers here uggh 14:17:17
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <danibelle>I think we can keep the meeting pretty short, next week will have more to it with some DAO proposals we are working on this week 14:19:32
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <danibelle>Check out the results of our first meme party in #🐸memes and emojo your faves! 14:21:43
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <markop>Memes are aweseome! 14:23:40
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <markop>πŸ™‚ 14:23:41
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <danibelle>Agenda for our call! https://www.notion.so/giveth/GIV-GOV-WG-Call-8Mar21-906c961b4bde4405bc6691eb1518a6a0 14:55:58
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <danibelle>https://breakout.interspace.chat/giveth-gov 14:56:49
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <willyfox>trying to join but haven't been able to get interspace to load, possibly my machine. hopefully will be there soon! 15:03:28
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <danibelle>ok.. I"m having connection problems myself :upsidedown_cry: 15:04:06
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <markop>Me too 15:05:32
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <markop>now I'm the only one on the call 15:05:39
@bridge-bot:matrix.orgbridge-bot <geleeroyale>!praise @karmaticacid for hosting a great governance meeting πŸ’œ 15:55:53

Show newer messages


Back to Room List